Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

someday i wake up early and make pancakes


sketchdump159
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I got home from work, cooked a sensation, and settled in to learn a Breeders song and watch Gene Simmon's school of rock. Not long after though, an obsessive thought began to fill my head,

"Go buy some tshirts off the internet."

"Ok.", I said to no one in particular.

7 minutes and 35 bones later I have new tshirts on order.

"Now get those tickets to see Henry Rollins!"

"Ok.", I said again.

For both purchases I was required to use my super security number. You know, it's the digit number printed on the back of the card.

How is that so secure? It's really a dumb concept. Why didn't they just put it on the front with the rest of the numbers. Surely evil doers are smart enough to turn the card over.

I have a theory about the security number. I think it's bad planning. I think so many people got credit cards they ran out of numbers. I can hear the converstion now:

"Bob, we're in some serious shit here. We're out of numbers. What are we gonna do"

...

...

"I've got it. We'll just add a few more."

"No, that will never work. We are out of room. That big number takes up the whole front of the card."

...

...

"I've got it. We'll put additional numbers on the back. The we will tell everyone it is a security measure to ensure there safety. Nobody will ever know we ran out.

"Bill, your a genius."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home