Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Picture 261


Picture 261
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
Laid the stain. The picture doesn't really do justice as it turned out pretty good. This was quite the learning experience. I thought the floor was really clean and ready to go, but as soon as I put the stain on, every single speck of paint stepped up to say hi. There was one big spot that wouldn't accept the stain at all.....so I had to improvise. All in all, no big deal, except I was up until 2 am doing it.

After staining you have to seal it. The instructions said to use an airless sprayer. So, I did. The sprayer was a complete piece of shit and kept dripping. The drip spots dried instantly and left blue dots everywhere. I had to scrape up the sealer and try another approach.

Instead, I brushed on a really light coating of sealer. It seemed to handle and look a lot better.

It needs another coat of sealer, and eventually a floor buffer and some colored wax. Then I'll do the same procedure in the closets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home