Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Demo-lition


Picture 258
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I'm pretty much unpacked and eager to start destroying stuff. The carpet in the bathroom completely annoys me so it had to go. Ripping it up was no prob, what lies beneath determines the course. I suppose paint underneath is better than linoleum. I've actually sort of done this once before when I was a kid; it was a pain in the ass.

So first things first, I've got to get the rest of the tack strips up (has anyone seen my crowbar? Seriously, I can't find it). Then I have to get the paint up. Last time I used laquer thinner and a floor buffer. I might see if they have something a little milder and try scraping and buffing. I figure it will take a good half day or so to prep the floor and another half to stain it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish Finfer said...

I have it, and you aren't getting it back. So just forget it.

Ruel - you are supposed to have the party before you start tearing shit up. Duh...

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home