Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

sketchdump 180


sketchdump 180
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
Life drawing. Yeah, the boobs are different sizes. Some douche moved in front me and I had to improvise.

Being the sort of guy who likes to try out new things, I had always heard of the veloway in Austin. It's a paved bike bath that I had been wanting to check out. I woke up early Saturday morning and felt like I needed a little exercise. It was rapidly approaching 80 degrees and I felt it would be the perfect day for some BMX action.

About that time Evan walked by, "Wanna go for a bike ride? I heard about a cool place." It only took about 30 minutes clear enough trash out of my SUV to make way for the bikes. After that, it was a sweet 40 minute drive south. As we pulled into the entrance of the park, immediately, I knew the situation was about to turn wierd. Professional looking bicyclers were strew about the parking lot performing stretches and tuning up the $3000 dollar tour de france style bikes. Evan shot me a look that said, "Your a dick.".

We pulled the BMX's out of the SUV and quickly got on the path. Evan was decked out in standard attire, torn jeans, long sleeved shirt, and a baseball cap. I was kicking some cut off camo shorts that are too big and I couldn't find a belt, so my butt crack was showing.

Lance Armstrong clones began lapping us. After all, they had all the pro gear. Lots of spandex, nice bikes, those thin little water packs. Hell, they even wore helmets. We looked like a couple of dorks.

To make matters worse, our single gear bmx's aren't so great for the steep inclines. Three quarters of the way through we were thoroughly exhausted and laughing so hard we could no longer ride. It was the epitamy of ridiculousness.

That's if for the veloway. I'm going to stick to trying to ride wheelies around the block.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt you looked way cooler than those spandex clad geeks. Even if you're crack was sticking out.

12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home