Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Smiles come for free


Crack eyes
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
All done. It was about 4 days worth of work, and not too tough. I am gonna retire from the oil paints for a week or so as my life gets sucked away from me when I am working on one.

I'm really excited though. I went out last night and ran into a friend who invited to me to go see an opera on Sunday, The Marriage of Figaro. To be honest, I have been to more tractor pulls than opera's. The one opera that I saw was in Vienna, Austria was actually a really
horrible experience. The weekend was rainy and cold and I had arrived in Vienna without a place to stay. After walking for what seemed to be hours I found a hostel. The hostel turned out to be a guy's garage and he had filled it with bunk beds. You had to raise the garage door to go in out. In lieau of sleep, I instead shivered the night away as it was a cold Austrian night and the garage dormitory lacked heat. All night long people continually raised and lowered the garage door. Anyway, the next morning as I was eating breakfast I struck up a casual conversation with an American girl sitting next to me. She was touring europe with an orchestra (if I remember correctly she was a cello player). We made plans to go the opera.


Because we were poor we had to buy the poor people's seats. In fact, these were not even seats, just a spot to stand. For two hours my feet reminded why humans are not meant to stand that long while my body shouted never sleep in an unheated garage again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crack Eyes looks great

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home