Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fun with my hometown newspaper

Save 40 steps. Cut your steps in half and park in the new parking lot on the west side of the Boonville-Warrick County Public Library. The automatic doors have been installed and that entrance is now open to the public!



Opening up the new entrance has been a goal for several years for Director of Library Services Lois Aigner and the board of the Boonville-Warrick County Public Library. Because the front hallway is so long, the board believed that it was a deterrent that kept some people from using the library.



For those who are recovering from surgery, expecting a child, or experiencing respiratory problems or any problems that make walking difficult, the new entrance will cut 40 steps off the path from the parking lot to the front desk in the adult section of the library.




A local resident who was present at the scene had the following to say. "Well Goll-eeee! I shore did always wanta use the library so's I could practice my readin', but man oh man, that hallway. It shore was long. It was longer than the day is long. But heck man, they cut off 40 steps. 40 whole steps! Shewwww - weeee! I mean yeah, I am tippin the scales at over a deuce, but who needs those extra 40 steps. Heck man did you see those doors. I walk up and BAMM!!! Those fuckers open right up. It's amazin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home