Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Friday, April 22, 2005


I'm impatient when I have fun things I want to do. After a meeting tonight, I couldn't resist starting on my stencillation. First thing I did was take the picture and dork with it in photoshop, getting the above result. This kind of looks cool in and of itself, but it gets better. I sent the image to kinkos (jip) to print out.

The kinkos good hooked me up though. I couldn't print them out life size but i got them about 4 feet tall. I made 2 copies and laminated them. From one copy I completely cut out the silhouette. From the other copy I cut out anything white.

I don't have any canvases big enough, so I will have to stretch one tomorrow, but I did find some cardboard to practice on. It looks really cool in real life. (I broke the garage door though after the fumes made me dizzy and I was in a rush to open it).

This is a little more close up. This was a fun project and makes me want to spray paint on things that aren't mine (but I won't, don't worry).

I decided I want to stencil fred. If i could incapacitate him somehow, i would stencil him with hair dye. On one of his flanks it would say, "My name is Fred." On the other side it would say, "I hump covers". Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home