Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Driving on nine

Today was moving day. The plan was to come home last night pack, then wake up early this morning and load the truck. I had a crash into a happy hour though, I went home and passed out on the couch at 8 pm. So much for packing.

Certain things trigger my white trash tendencies. Arriving at the U-HAUL facility, they pulled my truck around. It was a 21 foot moving vehicle circa 1970. I jumped up into the cab, immediately I notice inputs for a cb, a factory am radio and manual transmission. It felt like the cab of a semi.

A smile slowly krept upon my face.

I'm 28 years old and moved the majority of my belongings in trashbags. It somehow felt right.

On the plus side, I went to best buy to pick out a refrigerator. No more loser white refrigtors for me. I picked out pimp stainless steel one. You know, the one with side by side doors thats makes crushed ice. I've always wanted one of those. I think I have just perhaps upped my status in life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish Finfer said...

"You can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy."
- Anonymous

Really though, I feel it's one of your more endearing qualities. ; )

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home