Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sunny days.


meandfred
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I don't usually post pictures of myself as it they are usually horrific. The medical term for the disease is unphotogenicitis goofy-lookicus. A friend took this last saturday and she sent it to me today, and I have to be honest. I think i can pull of a white v-neck quite well.

Earlier this week I was reading a David Sedaris book, and a particular passage stuck with me as it seemed appropriate to recent experiences. I quote:

A light rain began to fall, and just as I cleared my thraot, Venus squatted in the grass, producing a mound of peanut-size turds.
"Aren't you going to clean that up?" I asked.
Paul pointed to the ground and whistled for the Great Dane, which thundered across the lawn and ate the feces in one bite.
"Tell me that was an accident," I said.
"Accident, hell. I got this motherfucker trained," he said. "Sometimes he'll stick his nose to her ass and just eat that shit on tap."
"I thought of my brother standing in his backyard and trainng a dot to eat shit and realized I'd probably continue thinking about it until the day I die. Forget the tears and brotherly speeches, this was the stuff that memories are made of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home