Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Monday, October 10, 2005

There's a lot of strange men in cell block 10.

It was the home of Romeo and Juliet, a small town called Verona, set in the Italian countryside. I had arrived there by mistake, hoping to go to Venice, but missing my stop. My fatigue was intense and it was late in the evening. I quickly made my way to the nearest hostel, an old villa which had been converted high on top of a hill. The next morning I awoke completely refreshed but nearly gagged as I caught a wiff of my own odor. It had been 2 days since the last shower and I was in dire need. I gathered my towel and flip flops and made my way to the (communal) shower. The shower room was a big open cavern surrounded by windows on all sides. A single pole stood in the center of the room with a ring of 10 spickets at the top in circular fashion.

I was greeted by five very naked very German men all showering and conversing. "Ja, Hello!", one said. This was one of those moments in life where you have to make a quick decision. The implications were not long and far reaching, but it was important nonetheless.

I wheeled an about face, immediately headed back to my bank and furiously applied deoderant. You see faced with the proposition of a naked shower with naked germans or an extra day of the stink, I chose the stink.

There is no shame
Nor did I cry
The stink was tame
and my skin was dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home