Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

the igloo habitat


day 3
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
This week has been yuck a roo. Too much worky work and the a.c. decided to die as the mercury rose into triple digits. Sometimes it's just more than a guy can take.

I realize now that I need to optimum temperature in order to sleep. I'm talking cold, like 68, so I can invoke the quilt principal. This is why I hate sleeping at other peoples houses. I dated a girl once who didn't have a.c. I had to drop her though. I made a lame excuse, but the real reason was she didn't have a.c. at her house. I slept over a few times, but couldn't take heat. Sometimes I wonder if things would have been different had her home been equipped with central air. It's a funny thought, at least to me.

So yesterday was sort of the culmination of my frustrations and I was rapidly approaching my yearly meltdown stage. It was about 11 pm and I had just gotten back from playing volleyball, cracked a pepsi open, and sat down on our newly shampooed carpet to watch the peoples court.

Tattoed brother: Hey, uh, Fred peed on the floor and I threw your jeans on top of it because the landlord was here.

(I pick up my jeans, the legs are soaked with piss)

Angry me: Why did you use my jeans? Why not a towel?

Tattooed brother: The landlord was here.

Angry me: Thanks a lot, dick. Why didn't you clean it up? I spent 300 bucks on a carpet shampooer, you should help me get a return on my investment.

Tattooed brother: The landlord was here.

Angry me: That was eight hours ago.

Tattoed brother: I was tired. I needed a nap.

Angry me: Fred, get evan.

(Fred leaps into action, runs and bite the tattoed brother on the arm)

Angry me: Good boy. Stop peeing on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home