Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

slight levels of insurance fraud

So there's another hurricane or something and it looks like the fallout is headed our way. Tattooed brother said, "We should park our trucks under tree. Maybe some big limbs will fall on them." (My truck is rapidly approaching the shitty stage and his is already there) "Why is it that the first thing you think of is scamming the insurance company?", I asked. "Well duh, it's how we were raised."

I couldn't argue.

Everybody has skills, my family is quite versed in the art of getting the most possible out of the insurance company. I won't go into great detail here as some of it is on the borderline shady level, but one event does come to mind.

Back in the day tattooed brother ditched his firebird wrinkling the right front fender. The neighbor, Barry, was in autobody school and offered to a paint a new one for him. Let's just say it turned out horrendous. Not long after the firebird was furiously struck by a grey haired lady whose vision was on the decline. Naturally the damage was quite extensive to the right side up to but not including the front fender. The next day I walked out to the parking lot of the family store to see a father, uncle, grandfather and pre-tattooed brother complete with hammers, various sized pieces of lumber all putting dents into the front fender.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

Nobody said a word, they all just turned and grinned the same grin that families often share.

------------
I decided today that I am bored with sitting in my living room and playing guitar by myself. I'm going to by a Fender Telecaster and find a punk country band to join.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home