Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

the long drawn out whistle of the train makes me lonely, not by day, but nighttime only

The train experience here is breathtaking.
We arrived in the airport last night (the airport is a man made island as seen on the notable Discovery channel show, "Modern Marvels") and promptly headed for the train. The train was parked while the cleaning crew were doing their thing. This was fascinating. Each car gets a cleaning guy who moves from seat to seat wiping down the arms, then cleaning the floor. Everything is done in crisp fluid movements. When this blue collar ballet is complete, they move to the door of the train and in unison give a sharp, quick bow to the awaiting passengers. Finally, the crows boards the train. The trains are immaculate, no graffiti, no trash, nothing. As the train pulls away from the station, the cleaning crew lines up and waves goodbye to the departing cars.

It's quite early in the morning hours of Monday as I write this (6 am). I am meeting a friend for a day of site - seeing at 10:30. While I would much prefer to simply throw in the headphones and spend the day by myself at my own pace, but it is hard to turn down a guided tour by someone who lives here. Luckily, I get a few hours this morning to dork around, do some shopping, and find something suitable for breakfast.

Upon further investigation of the robo-toliet, and accidental scientific discovery, I have found that it has a seat warmer, does not issue the smell of daisy's, and will squirt your booty with water with the pressure of a fire hose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home