Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Eastward bound.

I leave Saturday morning bright and early for Japan and will be gone for a week. So you may not here from me for awhile. Or maybe you will. I anticipate 2 weeks of jet leg and one week of gastro intestinal deficiencies from the cuisine. I was just looking at my return schedule. I actually leave japan at 6pm on Saturday and arrive at the US on Saturday at 2 pm. You see, I will return earlier than I left, in essence, I am time travelling.

If some type of air disaster occurs please inform my brother that he is a millionaire, as he is the benificiary of my work insurance. That would really be the ultimate irony. (Dying while on business trips is very lucrative it seems).

Here is a secret not many know. I am absolutely terrified of flying. I'm the guy you are sitting next who has the death grip on the seat arms, white knuckling it throughout the flight.

This is kind of cute. A few of my worthy constituents just returned from their native home.

Girl1: Ruel-san, i bring you a gift.

Me: Sweet. I love gifts. What is it?

Girl1: This for trip to japan. Is a book to help you.


(the book is a cute little picture book and for each item like bathroom for example, there is a little cartoon, the english spelling, and then the japanese spelling. I suppose the premise is if you get in trouble, you walk up to a stranger and point to the picture and then they in turn flip through the book and point to proper reply)

So I flip through the book and notice they have some really interesting things like "pervert". I immediately write down the phonetic translation for this word and say it in japanese at random times throughout the day. Definitely a crowd pleaser.

I guess thats all.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home