Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Money talks, bullshit walks.


Money talks, bullshit walks.
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
In art class a few weeks ago, Dave was critiquing some of my stuff.

"Ruel, the thing you have to remember is that there is no such thing as a line, its just an illusion created by the edges of two objects touching."

"Dave, I am an engineer, and I clearly remember from math class that a line is the shortest distance between two points."

"Ruel, first off, that's bullshit. Forget you ever heard it. Secondly, in here you are anything but an engineer."

The conversation reminded me of that scene from the matrix where the little boy said, "The thing you have to know is that the spoon doesn't exist." The point of all this, i tried to a picture without using lines. I liked the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home