Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back To School

So. I've been rather quiet lately. I've been, you know, contemplating life and stuff. So anyway, I've been thinking about going back to school now for a while. My only real dilemma was, "What the hell would I take?" Over the past few years I've developed a jeckyl/hyde syndrome with a constant strife over doing what seems to be the right thing to do vs. doing what I want to do. Up until now jeckyl has been the victor. I've been excercising, saying my prayers, and eating my vitamins, brotha. Hyde's voice gradually grown louder, to the point he can't be ignored. I digress.

I had been checking the college websites and checking out the masters programs.

Here is how my mind operates:

MBA - fat old men with khakis. no.
Any type of engineering - I would prefer a bullet to the scrotum
Advertising - too officey
art - would love to, but what would i do?

Today it hit me. I sat on my office chair and peered out the window. I glanced down at my green chuck taylors and I just knew. It was time to bite the bullet and do the art stuff.

The practical side of me, sensing impeading defeat, quickly formulated a plan. I can't get a masters, since you need a b.a. first. Getting a b.a. means taking some jack-off intro classes first, and I will need to ease into things. I can pick up the intro classes at night at the local community college to get into the groove (And it won't be too much money). During the period I can go into hyper save mode. Then I can transfer to a better school and knock out the rest of the b.a classes. I can prob knock this out in 2 years if i take summer classes. After that, well, we'll see what happens.

Jeckyl and Hyde both agreed and fell into silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home