Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

sketchdump185


sketchdump185
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I only had an hour at life drawing class today as I had other things going on. I only got one sketch in, but it turned out alright.

This whole home buying thing is a pain in the ass. First off, I'm lazy. The mortgage lady the bank referred me to (who I never met face to face, this is important for later in the story) asked for all my bank statements, 401k statements, pay stubs, you know the drill... all my records. She wanted me to fax them to her. The thing is, I don't really keep that sort of stuff. I just throw it away.

I waited for a week to get my pay stub, and then set about printing the stuff out. The rest is avaialable online. My goddamn hp printer never works right though. After kicking it 4 times, it began to print, but then the black ink ran out. Off to best buy to get printer cartridge (another day passed).

So I finally get everything together, my next obstacle is the fax. I fax the lady the stuff and then immediately call her to tell her I faxed it. 24 hours pass. Now I am nervous. I've never actually met the lady, and now I am convinced it's a scam and she has stolen my identity. This causes an anxiety attack that is only cured by m&m ice cream cookies.

A few days pass and the lady calls me. Ok, she didn't steal my identity.

"I got your fax, how many pages was it?"

16

"I only got 1"

Splendid. Guess what I did with all the printouts after I faxed them?

Give up?

I threw them away of course. You see, one of my new years resolutions is to keep the truck clean.

Now I have to repeat the whole process.

I am slave to sub par office machinery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home