Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Senior photos and bad choices.


seniorphoto
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I suppose I am genetically pre-dispososed to keep things in odd places. After all, my family keeps smoke detectors and books in the dishwasher that doesn't work.

I cracked open an old guitar case tonight and stumbled across this gem. Yes, dear friends, this is indeed a high school senior photo. I have photo proof of my white trash background.

As a boy in the southern indiana area you really had 3 choices for the high school photo:

a) photo of you with guns
b) photo of you with sports memorabilia
c) photo of you with camaro or jacked up 4x4

As I had pawned off my shotgun for a car stereo and sucked at sports I obviously chose option c. That being said.

Yes, I am a former camaro owner. Yes, it's a shameful dirty secret. The chevy camaro is quite possibly the shitties vehicle ever to roll off lines of Detroit. I purchased my turd tan 84 Z28 with 103,000 miles on it at the tender of age of 15. Immediately, I had to bling it out.

Speakers, limo tint, and blackouts all around, as well as a sticker on the windshield that said "bad boy" , rounded out the package. (This is so embarresing).

Something on the car broke about once a week (and i wrecked it like 5 times) so every Sunday was spent working on it. A transmission mount was broken, so every time I gunned it to do a burnout the transmission actually hopped up and hit the floorboard. If your arm was touching the console it kind of hurt. It had the t-top option. This meant everytime it rained water dripped onto you. To go through a power car wash required 2 people and towels, otherwise you would be drenched. The rear hatch could not support it's own weight, so I used a crowbar to prop it up. I eventually slammed the hatch on top of the crow bar, shattering the window.

Eventually I crashed the car one too many times. I then purchased an even shittier car, a LUMINA.

However, I am happy to report I no longer make poor automobile (or haircut) choices.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Boonville white trash folks make me sick. All that you can look forward to is marrying a fat chick. That is enough to make me smile.

12:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home