Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

This post brought to you by the number the 3


Picture 101
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
I make no claims for photographical talent, but I did like the way this picture came out. The weekend was spent camping and it was SO much fun. The only downside is that it became frigid at night and my preperations were ill, so I had only a few hours of cold sleep at a time with intervals of walking to a bathroom and using the hand dryer to warm myself in between.


As a kid, I remember that the change in time was a semi major life event. You spent the next few days reprogramming clocks (or the next six months doing math calculations every time you looked at that vcr which was to difficult to set). Now every time piece that I own changes itself automatically. Cell phone, cable box, computer, it's all automatic, you know. I think I like it better when manual intervention was required.


I have a decent vehicle. I go out, it starts, it runs, it doesn't break which I guess is nice, but really, it is so dull. In the past I was prone to jallopies. The jallopies had so much more character. You always knew an adventure was in order each time you drove.



I think i just miss my jalopy days. It's rather queer. When life is filled with mild inconveniences we find it dehibilitating, but when the inconveniences are quashed we look back upon them with fond remembrances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home