Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Monday, January 31, 2005

I'm just a happy kid.

I hit a creative burst this evening and I am quite hyper, so this may be long.

First off, I heard from my favorite proximity friend today. What is a proximity friend you ask? This is from the Chuck Palahniuk series of short stories collection entitled "True Fiction" and I think it's genius and indicitive of a portion of the life I lead.

"At the time, most of my friendships were based on proximity: neighbors or coworkers. Those people you know only because, well, your're stuck sitting next to them every day. The problem with proximity friends is, they move away. They quit or get fired."

So Rutar, my ex-office-mate, who I have spoken fondly of before, has a great way with words. He wrote to tell me that our ex-office-neighbor passed away. Our ex-office-neighbor was a fiftyish German man who looked like Doc from the popular Back to the Future trilogy. He never learned to distinguish between the two of us, so he referred to us collectively as "Dude." I thought this was cool.

Rutar, a now phd candidate has a great way with words. Here is quote from his mail which sums up why I love hearing from him.

Yeah, so, did
you hear about Forsberg? If you didn't, apparently he just passed away
from cancer. Anyway, on a less depressing note, are you getting a lot
of poontang in Austin or are you just doing the loner artist thing
still? Later.


Death is never funny, but just knowing that there will be a doctorate holding man who uses the word "poontang" out in the world helps me to sleep easier at night. I miss him. The entire email exchange turned out to be volumonous and nothing short of hilarious as well as entirely obscene. I will save it for my memoirs.

Finally,
Mud season is in full effect up in my backyard. Everytime Fred goes out for his nightly shit he leaves 187 paw prints across the floor, fresh laundry, or anything else in his path.(yes it's mud, i checked). He refuses to heed the mat placed at the door which clearly reads "Wipe your paws". In faustian moment of jeckyl/hyde battling my creative/engineering sides came together in a joint effort to impede the filthification of our carpet. If I were to lay a giant strip of velcro (the loop portion) across the entranceway, and then constructed small paw-boots with the opposite side of velcro on the bottom of them, i could put his booties on him before he goes out. He would then proceed to muddy his paws, take his shit, and then run run back into the house. However as he crosses the threshold the grabbing power of the velcro would rip the muddied booties from his husky legs thus saving my carpet from the dirt.

I think this would work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home