Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Germany is cold

I left texas with a second degree sunburn from standing the in searing heat of the acl festival.
This morning in Dresden it was 48 degrees.
Being the consumate uber planner that I am, naturally, I packed nothing warm. (also neglected a razor and a toothbrush )
I may do some shopping tonight and get a jacket or something. I wonder what my chances of finding a grey hoodie are.

A bunch of my CO workers went bowling last night. I was feeling anti-social and i completely suck at bowling (even though I am from the midwest), so I went perusing around the city last night, popping into little shops and trying to find some cool stuff to sketch. I got back to the hotel late, and finally fell asleep.

To date I have had no less than 5 near fatal traffic experiences here. I am not too good of a driver to begin with, couple that with a foreign country and not knowing the rules and it is a recipe for disaster.

The one cool thing is that every time I come here I remember a little more german. I was able to have a conversation with a waiter last night that was more in depth than hello and goodbye.

Evan emailed me this morning to say that the Pixies are playing at Stubb's
http://stubbsaustin.com
That's tight. I will go see them again if can get some tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home