Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

The world around us

You know,

Every day it seems like a new terror alert comes out. The financial buildings in NY are going to be attacked.

OOPS, now they aren't. The information is four years old. Our bad.

I wonder if this went on for 3 years after pearl harbor was bombed. I somehow doubt it.

I am 26 years old. I do not fear terrorist attacks. I figure the likelyhood of that happening to me is about 0. What do I fear? I fear i will go to work, to find out my job has been outsourced (again). I fear having to job hunt in a bad economy. I fear having gone to school for 5 years and going to work at a really shitty job (but still owing $$ student loans).

Thats just me. I wonder what other people fear?

I read that toys r us is thinking of getting out the toy business. Um... Well...
That seems kind of dumb to me. Basically you have a toy company saying, "We suck at selling toys, so we are going to sell clothes." Why would anyone invest in a company like that? If they are a company based on selling toys and fail, why would i have faith they can sell anything else successfuly?

Corporate America is kind of dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home