Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Honky Tonkin'

My day started at 3:30 when fred decided he wanted to sing. I was going on 3.5 hours of sleep but had to get up at 4 anyway for a 6 am flight. First class all the way to Tennessee (thank you frequent flier miles) with a nice 4 hour layover of people watching time.

I didn't bother writing down directions, the name, or the address of the hotel i was staying at, or to reserve a rental car, or to make plans for tonight, but it all worked out. I snagged a car, called for directions and made it to the hotel. Since I lost touched years ago with most of the people I was to meet, I didn't have any numbers. This realization hit about 5 pm so I decided to grab some dinner and go see Land of the Dead. On the way to the theater my phone rangs Ronnie G. said, "We have a keg of busch light draft, let's go to the rehearsal dinner."

Thus the night begins.

From there a series of events led me to downtown Nashville on a hot, humid, summer night with a group of high school friends. It was a blast, and Nashville has a certain character, although I lost at least 2lbs of body weight to perspiration. Every bar is filled with nut-huggin-jean-wearin cowboy types and bands playing country music. It's a very relaxed vibe. My friends all married each other and reproduced. They showed me pictures of their kids.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"I live with my brother and my dog fred. We have lots of trashcans."

Most of the time I think my humor is lost on people.

I currently smell like a gym and 100 marlboros. It's bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home