Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

The secret of NIMH

As I have mentioned in previous messages, my household is in various stages of disrepair. Our entrance way is flanked by an abnormally large dining room. In leua (sp?) of a dining room table, this room is used for various projects such as painting, wood cutting, or machinery assembly.
In recent days past we have a suffered from the malfunction of numerous light bulbs throughout the house. Of course, we have no spares. Instead, dear friends, we have cleverly strung automotive spot lights in various rooms throughout the house. These 1 million candle power beasts not only light up the room like a super nova, but provide adequate heating as well.

The point of this you ask? These electric torches used to illuminate our garage. In their absence, the garage has became dark and dismal. Saturday has become my new laundry day, and like always, I started a load of wash, went to the gym, and then went to the HOBBY LOBBY for canvas.
Upon my return it was time to switch the wash from the washer to dryer. After removing the clothes (remember the room is dark now) i notice a fuzzy little string ball in the bottom of the washer. Since we commonly leave things in our pockets, this is no surprise. I reached in, grabbed it, and pulled out a very large but clean, quite dead, mouse.

I then had the following three reactions

1) Scream like a little bitch (and i am not exaggerating here)
2) Drop mickey back into the washer
3) Run into the house.

I nearly shat myself, but I am okay now.

p.s. Grill tongs do not work for extracting dead mice, you have to use a spatula.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home