Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Abusing the man

I am not cheap, I don't think, but I do hate getting jipped. I always feel like when I go shopping, I am getting jipped. I have yet to buy a digital camera. Why? All I want is a small camera that will take a picture, I can plug it in to my computer, and then either:

a) upload it to this blog
b) print it out at kinkos and use it as a reference for drawing

How much am I willing to shell out for such a device? Not a whole hell of a lot. I went to best buy on saturday to look at cameras. Most were 250 -350 bucks.

F that. I do not need video, a kajillion megapixels, 19x zoom. I want the equivalent of a disposable camera that I can plug into my computer.

So tonight, i side stepped the man, and bought a factory refurbed nikon 2100 cool pix camera off of ebay. Total cost: 78 plus shipping.

I am pleased with myself.

I wonder how many other people are fed up with being consumers?

I do the same thing with househould cleaning products. I bought a spray bottle of formula 409. When it ran out, i mixed up a concotion of ammonia and water and use it. Now i don't have to buy any more cleaning products, and I know my house is always sanitary clean. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home