Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The quarter life crisis club

Tonight was an absolutely wonderful night. I found a new group in Austin called the quarter life crisis club. Never before have I found a group that I blend into so well.

First off, the club is held at one of the coolest places I have ever been, the spider house cafe. The place is beyond words, very Austin, and very cool. The group is composed of a group of young professionals, all well educated, all who hate their jobs and the person it makes has made them become. It was stellar. It was great to be around people like me, to listen to their stories of how they slack at work, no longer shoot for the stars, and just think about going home and how they can avoid work. All were young singles, with no interests in things like marriage or children. All are people who once were funny and witty, but have been beaten down by tedious routines to be shells of the former selfs.

One night of venting, blatantly using the word fuck, and just laughing, has made me feel happier than I have been for a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home