Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The long winding rode to adulthood.

Approximately 4 weeks ago we laid off our grass mower man (he was jipping us). Since then, we have been at the mercy of the grass which has slowly reached towards the heavens at a creeping pace. Not wanting to be neighborhood outcasts, it was decided that we needed to purchase a lawnmower.

I really despise things like this mainly due to the fact that I don't like to own things all that much. Anyway, the need one out and it was time for a trip to home depot. Rich with a white trash background I know more about lawn mowers than one might gather at first glance. For instance, a briggs and stratton motor requires approx 3/4 of a quart of oil and if you put the oil cap on too tight and use a screwdriver to get it off, it is sure to break.

So we made it to home depot and began the selection process.

"This one is the cheapest. Let's get it".

"It's a piece of shit. It has a briggs and stratton motor. They are shit."

"I know, but we won't take of it anyway, so it doesn't really matter".

"Good point."

So we wheel the lawnmower which I have named "Tony the Goose" to the cash register. On the way there a home depot associate approaches me.

HDS: "Would you like to save fifty dollars?"

R: "Yes, but only if it does not involve signing up for a credit card."

HDS: "Well, all you have to do is sign up. Then you can cancel it. What's the problem? You are saving fifty dollars. Plus purchases for the home are tax deductible."

R: "If I was really saving fifty dollars I am quite sure home depot wouldn't be offering it. I think you fail to understand the concept of credit. HD counts on the fact that I won't cancel the card and that initial 50 dollars will be earned back many times over, a little each month."

(really, i am just too lazy to cancel cards, I know this from experience)

HDS: ...... (walks away)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home