Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Today was the first day at my new job.


sketchdump 124
Originally uploaded by ruelloehr.
It's not often in adult land when we get a first day of an indefinite experience. Today, I got the second one of my adult life.

It's a sort of wierd feeling. Yesterday I was one of the best, the guy everyone asked questions to; fast forward to today when I sat with a dumb look on my face trying to blend into the wood work.

You want to make a good impression, you know. You want to look smart. Truthfully though, you are wondering when do the people go to lunch, where is the bathroom and other silly things like that. It makes you feel like a kid who just transferred to a new school and isn't real sure how he should act.

All in all though it was good. When I started at IBM I literally sat for like three months doing squat. An older guy gave me some manuals to read like the second day. I think the manuals were like 15 years old and given to all new hires and passed around. The new place has some good vibes and I feel pretty good about the choice.

In other news: I am going to host a sort of art class at my place for some friends. Lots of them have moved recently so I am going to have them bring canvases over, and let them play around with my paint. Seems like a cool way to spend an afternoon, at least I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home