Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Information Ejaculation

Today was one of those days when you wake up, and everything just goes your way. I sprung out of bed to a beautiful sunshiney day. (I am going to love texas in the winter, poo on coldass vermont)
I made some eggos for me and fred, flipped on the tv and was met with none other than Pa Ingalls.

Man, I love little house. Pa Ingalls would be a great halloween costume, but nobody would get it. Laura Ingalls would be even better, but then people would just think i was wierd.

Traffic flowed freely on the way to work. Work was even fun today. (Disaster must be imminent....) So yeah. Life is peachy. I am also considering going to art school. I seem to be happier when i have a strong creative outlet.

Ok. Now stop what you are doing. I have two songs for you to go download:

1) Alkaline Trio - we've had enough
2) Pete Yorn - life on a chain

Alkaline Trio is kind of punkish (I am on a big punk kick right now). Pete Yorn is kind of folky, kind of Dylanish. I am hoping he comes to Austin, i think it would be a good show.

Finally....Do you ever have one of those moments when you are in a totally serene situation, but then you have a flashback of something funny from your past and you start cracking up? It happened to me today. So I am in this meeting at work. Its me, three dudes from india and a guy from lebanon. Its kind of your typical corporate meeting (a snoozer).... anyway out of the blue I have a flashback of this kid I went to high school with, Brian Shelton. A whole bunch of us are out one night (I think we had snuck out or something), we are all walking down the street and Brian looks over (he was a real quiet type) and says just above a whisper, "I think i am going to go poop on that car." He walks over to this sedan, steps up on the bumper and situates himself firmly in the center of the hood, drops trou, and assumes the squat position.
Now I have never before hear the sound of turds landing on sheet metal, but I promise you, the first time it happens, you know exactly what it is. I heard to small thuds reverberate through the still night and immediately knew that he had just made good on his promise.

Fast forward back to today.

I am not sure what triggered this vivid image, but it hit me from nowhere. I was near tears from laughing and everyone just looked at me. I wanted to share, I really did, but I knew they just wouldn't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home