Me, paintings, Austin Texas, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Being a young software guy.....

Last weekend I went to a party. Some dude came up to me and asked the dreaded question, "So what do you do?" . I said software. He made a face like, eeewwwwwww.

Thats an indication of how that field is perceived.
In way it is true, I have to admit.
Don't get me wrong. I REALLY like what I do.
I have been pretty fortunate so for. My job has taken me all over the world, and I do very well for someone my age.

BUT

I have been laid off once. That was sucky.
I probably will be again some day.
That will be suckier.

Right now the job prospects right now are nothing short of dismal. Everyone I know who does the same thing feels, well, pretty much trapped.

Is there any good news to this story?

Of course. I save-save-save my money.
I am single with no real debt.
I am good at lots of different things.
I live in an awesome town.
And i can live off of way less than I make.


ok. enough pep talk.

tomorrow i get a haircut

my shit is shaggy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home